proexpert37
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
49595756

We have 2 children, female, 8 and male 6 years old. My wife

We have 2 children, female, 8 and male 6 years old. My wife lets them sleep in the same bed with her every night. This has been going on for more than 3 years now. The kids have their own bedrooms but don't want to sleep in their own beds.
I refused to sleep in bed with the kids, I don't mind if they come in bed after a bad dream, but not where our bed was their bed also. This situation has ruined our marriage situation and we are in the process now of getting a divorce.
Is this situation going to be a problem for the kids later?
Hello.. I am sorry to hear about the divorce. Was the cause a lack of intimacy and a loss of communication? The girls are too old to be sleeping in the same bed with your wife on a daily basis. In a household, the relationship between a husband and a wife comes first before the relationship with the kids. The divorce may cause emotional problems for the kids but only time will tell. As far a co-sleeping with your wife, they are going to be co dependent on her for too many things. A parent wants to foster as much independence in their children as possible including sleeping situations. It seems as though your wife replaced you with the children unfortunately and now the entire family will suffer.