How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good Afternoon, My name is Bob. On Sunday 9 days ago my partner

This answer was rated:

Good Afternoon,
My name isXXXXX 9 days ago my partner of 7 years (unmarried) walked out of our home and took our 4yo daughter with her. Everything was fine until she had a left side brain operation for epilepsy. Since then (7 months) she refuses any touching or togetherness of any sort; moved out of our bedroom and has become paranoid over all sorts of things; she starts vicious hateful communications with me and literally hates me. I am very fearful of the safety issues surrounding my daughter, particularly when my ex is driving. She was banned from driving for 15 months but recently regained her license on promising her doctors that the surgery worked and she hasn't had any seizures since surgery. I know for a fact that is not true. I have witnessed her having minors before she moved out of the bedroom and she did tell me that she was having some minors throughout the day. My Questions: because the steps of firstly finding where she is living with our daughter, then setting up and attending mediation which she will sabotage, then going to Family Court for resolution will take time, how can I arrange to see my daughter in the meantime?
If you are unable to arrange a visitation schedule with your ex amicably, then you have no other choice but to involve the legal system so that she will be forced to comply. Additionally, if you fear for your daughter's safety due to your wife's medical condition, you can always make a report to your local Department of Child and Family Social Services and they can investigate the issue further.
proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you
There are legal experts available in the legal category who can address any specific legal concerns for you. Have a good evening.