How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son has a four year old son. He has had primary custody

Resolved Question:

my son has a four year old son. He has had primary custody of him since he was three months old. The mother has only seen a couple of time per her choice. While my son does a lot right, he is a bully when it comes to discipline. He always has to win the fight. He teaches no coping skills. My grandson doesn't listen at daycare and pouts when he doesn't get his way and makes the situation worse. When he does this with his day things just escalte. No physical abuse or anything. My son just yells at the top of his lungs. Many times he yells before he has even redirected the behavior. My son knows that he needs some guidance, what would you suggest as a type of therapy or classes for him or him and his son.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
Your son could seek individual professional help from a family therapist or counselor with regards XXXXX XXXXX skills. Additionally, your grandson and son could seek counseling together as well. Your son could seek a referral from his son's pediatrician for a counselor or a family therapist. Also, there are often group parenting classes in which parents can discuss similar issues.
proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you