How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what can one do when a son is harrassing you with horrible

Resolved Question:

what can one do when a son is harrassing you with horrible words over the phone and emails...and I'm over 65?

This is not about parenting...this son is 44 yrs old and lives in another state.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.

Have you ever thought about filing a police report? How long has this been going on? If this infringes on verbal elder abuse which causes emotional harm or distress, you may also want to seek professional assistance from an attorney to see if legal action is necessary. You do not have to continue to subject yourself to such treatment. Your adult child may have an enormous amount of personal issues and is simply taking them out on you and probably trying to be very intimidating. The good thing is that your adult child is in another state so that physical contact is not available.


I hope that this has helped. If so, please ACCEPT so that I may be paid for my efforts. If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Edited by Erica.13 on 12/4/2010 at 5:24 AM EST
proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you