How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shirley Schaye Your Own Question
Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1673
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. Shirley Schaye is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son and his previous partner are separated and have a son

Customer Question

My son and his previous partner are separated and have a son of 9 who my son cared for until he was 5 including taking him to the nursery and infants school before the partnership broke up. My son is now in a new relationship and they have been seeing his son 2/3 day each week including sleep overs.
As a result of his son claiming to have been bullied his father made an appointment with the school to discuss the bullying which the teachers agreed to address including to advise my son of future parents evenings.
Because of this visit his previous partner is now claiming to have been advised by a Solicitor my son should not be visiting his sons school and the school are wrong to allow him in, and she is also now restricting his access to Sunday's only and no sleepovers, obviously to maximise the money my son is to pat to the CSA. My son is concerned about his sons welfare and has not been abusive or violent. Can my grandson's mother stop my son visiting his son's school and reduce his access to Sunday only.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

I am so sorry to hear about what you are experiencing. I think that your question should sent to a Family Divorce Lawyer --- even if your son is not married to his previous partner. A divorce lawyer would know about child custody laws.