Bonnie
Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  and pediatric nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience counseling parents.
37122071

Is there anything I can do now to help my son improve his behavior

Is there anything I can do now to help my son improve his behavior at school?He may be on a waiting list to receive couenslering.I have tried and tried to tell him what he is doing is wrong,and I think he knows the behavior is wrong,but he continues to do it anyway.I think he also knows there is no way I would allow that kind of behavior at home.He did act aggresive toward his birth Mom,but not to me.It appears he has alot of anger toward his birth Mom,but he is very happy in his new home,and I feel he may be having anxiety at school,when he is away from me,and his known safe place.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Bonnie replied 6 years ago.
I do not think there is anything that you can do about behavior at school (especially since his behavior is good at home). It will be up to the teacher to develop a behavior plan at school which includes rewards for good behavior. You can supplement the rewards by giving another treat (or money) if he brings a good report home from school (i.e., has a day with no behavior outbursts).