How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. G. Your Own Question
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1523
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a child that is not my husband child. At first he act

Resolved Question:

I have a child that is not my husband child. At first he act as if he liked her and wanted to be apart of her life (she was 2yrs old then), but once we got married things changed. He started to treat her bad talked to her very bad and made her feel terrible. Now she is 12yrs old I have had 3 more children by him. But he still treats her bad. we have been married for 8yrs and for those 8yrs she has had to deal with his attitude. What do I do I starting to not care for him anymore. He has also been mean to me he's just a mean person!!
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
So are you considering leaving him? Talking has not worked with him so what else have you tried? You want him to change?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I really don't know that's why I'm seeking your help to help me with this. I don't know if I'm ready to go threw another divorce. But of I hath to I will. And now he's acting funny with me. And even worst with my child. I think he's jealous of her and the closness we've established. I'm trying to make up for the times that I neglected her for him when we first got together. And two she's a teenager and somethings that she is going threw she needs me right now which I told him that but he does not care.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
I think you hit on a very important point. Being there for her and protecting her is your top priority right now. You need to stand up to him and tell him what behavior you will not tolerate from him. He may be jealous but he is going about it the wrong way. Let him know your concerns and the behavior you have problems with and also let him know what you will do if the behavior persists. Then stick to whatever plan you have. By changing your reaction to him this may in turn change his behavior. It is worth a try.
Dr. G. and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you