How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was born premeturely, at 36 wks, by which time my partner,

Resolved Question:

My son was born premeturely, at 36 wks, by which time my partner, had moved out of our home and in with a married man. I am struggling to see my son as she is stopping me unyet has acknowledged me as the father, even tho i am not on the birth certificate. Do i have any rights?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.

Paternity would have to be established since you are not on the birth certificate. This can be done through DNA testing. If you are in fact the father and have not legally given up your rights, then you still have parental rights. However, the specifics of those rights would probably have to be spelled out in court unless you and your ex could amicably come to some agreements.


If this has helped, please ACCEPT.

proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you