Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

My 17 year old daughter has had her 15 month old son taken

My 17 year old daughter has had her 15 month old son taken from her by the paternal gandmother who is staying with family in Sydney (both my daughter and her son live in Wee Waa) the grandmother also lives in Wee Waa but now refuses to return to wee Waa and refuses to give the baby back to my daughter saying that she can keep him and says that she has registered him in another name and advised Centrelink that my daughter is not hte primary carer any-more. The Blacktown Police went to the houe 3 times with my daughter and they still refuse to give the child back. one of the family involved says she works for DOC'S and can take this baby of my daughter and has NO evidence that my daughter is unfit. Legal Aide have prepared paperwork for recovery order but it all takes SO long.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am so very sorry to her this devastating news. Let me ask --- where is the father --- the grandmother's grandson? How does he play a part in this?

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

It would seem to me that since you have already had the police involved and since that hasn't helped have you thought of consulting with a lawyer?

JACUSTOMER-3y7w5h8s- :

The child's father lives in dubbo and has no contact with the child unless he visits Sydney at this stage

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Does he have any input --- can he --- will he talk to his grandmother.

JACUSTOMER-3y7w5h8s- :

he will not assist. states that he prefers his mother to make the decision and will not co-operate with any-one.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Frankly, I really don't see how you will succeed given everything that has been tried without taking legal action.

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

What is DOC's

JACUSTOMER-3y7w5h8s- :

ok will make appointment with family law solicitor today thankyou

Dr. Shirley Schaye :

Another possibility, but that, too involves the solicitor is to check the DNA. The grandmother might have a match because she is the father's grandmother but if the baby has your daughter's DNA there is no escaping that.

JACUSTOMER-3y7w5h8s- :

OK Thankyou again.

JACUSTOMER-3y7w5h8s- :

OK Thankyou again.