How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi i have adopted a child that is 16 months old I want to change

Resolved Question:

Hi i have adopted a child that is 16 months old I want to change his name so that he can have my husband and I last name and give him a new first name is XXXXX XXXXX special way to go about doing this. And any books you recomend that I read as it relates to adoption?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 7 years ago.

You should first week the advice of an aoption attorney or a family law expert. I woll get back to you in a moment with the resouces on apoption.

Expert:  proexpert37 replied 7 years ago.



Lifebooks: Creating a Treasure for the Adopted Child

by Beth O Malley


The Family of Adoption

by Joyce Maguire Pavoa


Great resources to have. What a blessing you are to have adopted a child!!!!!



Edited by Erica.13 on 9/12/2010 at 3:15 PM EST
proexpert37 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you