How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask proexpert37 Your Own Question
proexpert37, Educator/Life Coach
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Teacher 20+ years, Parent, Expert Mentor
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
proexpert37 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex husband (divorced in 2007)is very controlling and uses

Customer Question

my ex husband (divorced in 2007)is very controlling and uses our 8 and 11 year old as pawns to get back at me for divorcing. i want to know what i can do about he refusing to let me have contact with them when they are with him.we have joint phone callsare allowed.the upsets my kids so much as me.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.
I will get back to you within the hour.
Expert:  proexpert37 replied 6 years ago.

If you cannot solve the issues with your ex husband in an amicable manner, then you would need to seek the professional assistance of an attorney to have everything decided and spelled out specifically in court and recorded so there were no if's and but's. Dealing with an uncooperative ex-husband can be very stressful as well as acquiring an attorney, setting up a court date and so forth. But remember...this is for the children and the court will always put the best interests of the children first.