How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. G. Your Own Question
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1525
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend of mine had a brief affair with a young lady several

Customer Question

A friend of mine had a brief affair with a young lady several years ago. A year or so later the young lady re-entered my friends life with a baby boy in tow and convinced him it was his child. He foolishly (in my opinion) signed a paternity affidavit and had a relationship with her for sometime. Eventually she left him and left the child with him for a couple of years then returned and wanted the child back. When my friend went in to establish a custody order he was required to do a paternity test which, sadly, proved the child was not his. He returned the child to the mother and assumed that was the end of things. However, using the paternity affidavit, she has now filed for child support all the way back to the child's birth which has put him at a very bad financial disadvantage and he has already lost his drivers license for non-payment. The Department of Child Services will not even listen to him about the paternity test. Is there any way to undo the paternity affidavit?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 years ago.
He will have to take her to court and refute the child support and ask for the paternity test records to be admitted to the court. She will have to go through court to get child support and this would be the time for him to go and submit the test as evidence.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your response but your answer really was not what I was looking for. I was hoping to know if it would be LEGALLY possible to indo the paternity affadavit. As a psychologist I do not believe that is really your line of expertise. I do thank you for your time.