Parenting

Have Parenting Questions? Ask a Parenting Counselor for Answers

Parenting

mt son is 18 years old. He recintly stole 2250.00 dollars from

Customer Question
a lock box that belongs...
mt son is 18 years old. He recintly stole 2250.00 dollars from a lock box that belongs to my husbamd and I. We know for sure it was him because we had the envelope that contained the money fingerprinted and his prints were on it. Without going into too much detail, he is denying it even with the evidence. he is also going so far as to try and concince his siblings and step-father tha I (his Mom) took it, citing my past history of lying when I was an active alcoholic. I am in recovery and have been for quite some time. We have given him plenty of opportunities to be truthfull and even did a mini-intervention with his Father myself, my husband and the police officer/friend who obtained the fingerprints. At that time he was given his "last chance" to come clean or he would need to leave our home. He did not tell us the truth. He is now living at his Fathers apartment and we have had little to no contact with him for about 3 weeks. I do not know where to ge from here. I pray for him and hope that he decides to do the right thing soon, but as time passes, that reality seems to be slipping further away. He was accepted into Sufolk University and will (?) be starting in the fall but the circimstances we have told hin that we will not support him financially with his schooling until he tellls the truth. We have made it a point each time that all he needs to do is be honest and we will forgive him and help him in any way we can if it is some kind of problem that led him to steal the money. It is hard to understand why he finds it impossible to just tell us the truth so we can move on from this. Please, if you can help in any way I would so greatly appreciate it.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Parenting
6/26/2010
Parenting Counselor: Joan-Mod, JA Moderator replied 7 years ago
Joan-Mod
Joan-Mod, JA Moderator
This is Joan and I am a Moderator:
Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when, for example:

1. The question may be unclear.
2. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained adequately online.
3. The Experts that are online are simply unable to answer your question.
4. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.
Please feel free to re-word your question [or increase the price] if you feel that may be the reason. [Of course, you are not required to increase the price.]

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Joan
Cher
Cher
Cher, Teacher