Parenting

Have parenting questions? Ask a parenting counselor for answers

My 15 year old son is midly autistic (PDD) and is a very polite…

Customer Question
My 15 year old son...
My 15 year old son is midly autistic (PDD) and is a very polite well behaved young man. He is a B Honour Student and attends Sea Cadet program which he really enjoys. He is not that well coordinated and therefore not good at sports = tho he can sail which is why Sea Cadets has worked well. He does see the world thru rose coloured glasses though and he doesnt have friends that call him up to do things with. He has friends at school that he talks to and has lunch with which is nice yet when i suggest they come over it doesnt seem like he thinks they would. He keeps asking me what he could do to be more social and I wish i knew the answer. Any suggestions as he starts grade 10 and high school in September and this is a new school and much larger than anything he has been too. I have tried books yet the skills were basic and he needs to develop friendships. Any suggestion? We are not in a big city with lots of resources that i can tap into. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Parenting
6/19/2010
Parenting Counselor: Joan-Mod, JA Moderator replied 8 years ago
Joan-Mod
Joan-Mod, JA Moderator
This is Joan and I am a Moderator:
Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when, for example:

1. The question may be unclear.
2. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained adequately online.
3. The Experts that are online are simply unable to answer your question.
4. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.
Please feel free to re-word your question [or increase the price] if you feel that may be the reason. [Of course, you are not required to increase the price.]

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Joan