How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Family Counselor
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1768
Experience:  Parenting Workshops, Teacher, PHD Clinical Psychology, 30 yrs. Exp. 4 Children
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if one parent lives in another state and is not allowing communic

Resolved Question:

if one parent lives in another state and is not allowing communication between children and the other parent what are the options to obtain this right and its enforcement?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 7 years ago.
Hi, if that person who is being denied pays support and has been involved in the child's life, and not abandoned the children then they should go to court and work out a custodial plan. It would be nice to have it happen amicably but legal recourse may be the only way.
Please click accept and leave feedback.
Dr. Keane and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The parent who is being denied contact was the primary care giver for ten years before having a crisis financially. It was at this time that an arrangement was made with the previously absent parent to help out by taking care of the two children for one year to provide a more stable environment while the other recovered their financial security. This agreement was made verbally and not documented in any legal agreement.


What steps can be taken or resources accessed to help resolve this situation.