Jennifer
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Collaborative parent consultation on everything from modifying behavior to child development.
30853534

Do we treat a developed girl as a developed woman or is she

Do we treat a developed girl as a developed woman or is she still a child? This seems to be the problem with the media.
Hello and thanks for using Justanswer.com!

I believe the level of physical development isn't as important as her age. If she's still chronologically a child, she will need to be regarded as one. The only caveat is that if her physical maturity is raising issues atypical for a child, that would need to be addressed through education, support, and empathy. I agree that the media does a very poor job of showing us how girls and women are to be regarded.