How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. G. Your Own Question
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1525
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a baby with a man who wants to marry me. I would prefer

Resolved Question:

I have a baby with a man who wants to marry me. I would prefer to stay in informal relationship but he insists. My question- what would be better for me- staying in informal or formal relationship when it comes to rights to the child?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 years ago.
Rights stay the same no matter if you are married or not as long as he is the father. I would say if you do not want to marry then don't marry and do not let him force you into something you do not want or are not ready for.
Dr. G. and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you