Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

My child cant get on with my boyfriend. He is 3yrs old and

My child cant get on with my boyfriend. He is 3yrs old and ends up crying while playing with my man or when asked to do something.
How long has your son known your boyfriend? What has been done to make this situation better?

Edited by Dr. G. on 1/26/2010 at 4:05 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Know each other 5 months, he has 2 kids of his own. One is same age and one is 6, he gets on with the older one more. Tried interacting just the 2 of them and we have tried playing more with all 3 of them. We do not live together.

Give it time. His reaction does not seem out of the ordinary. Just stay the course and keep doing what you are doing. He needs time to warm up to him so be patient.