How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rossi Your Own Question
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Parenting Book Author, 13+ years of experience.
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get through to my 6yrs old son who doesnt listen

Resolved Question:

How do I get through to my 6yrs old son who does'nt listen to a word that I say? His behaviour is driving my wife and I mental, he is very bright and full of energy but his incessant roaring makes us jump and he keeps grabbing our asses,I dont know what to do
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,


If you believe that his behavior is a result of ADHD, you may want to have him evaluated by a child psychiatrist who can either confirm and treat it or at least rule it out.


Consequent the unacceptable behavior consistently and praise and reward positive behavior. Let him see that his actions lead to either desirable or undesirable outcomes.


Your partner and you have to stay on the same page in regard to the consequences otherwise he would learn to manipulate his way.


You could also have him work with a behavioral modification counselor.

Dr. Rossi and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you