How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rossi Your Own Question
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Parenting Book Author, 13+ years of experience.
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live with my mum but she can be very controlling she bullys

This answer was rated:

i live with my mum but she can be very controlling she bullys me shouts at me we cant talk as it ends up in argument i try and calm it down but she goes out of control i get blamed for everything i dont know wot to do if ever i try to say something i get told not talk under my breath dont let me hear i can never have my say as she sais dont talk rubbish there is lot more wot should i do ??

Good Morning,


You are in a difficult position living with an abusive parent. If possible, try to move out.

It not, you can either try to ignore her negative remarks or confront her. Confrontation may feel good to you only initially as you unload your pain but it doubtful that she will change. People (including parents) must want to change; she may not see anything wrong with her actions. It may be better to see that how she is and try to ignore or not believe her negative remarks. You could also write her a letter of how you feel/it is up to you. The person who is hurt always exerts more energy than the abuser.


When You and Your Mother Can't Be Friends: Resolving the Most Complicated Relationship of Your Life by Victoria Secunda

Dr. Rossi and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you