How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Family Counselor
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 1768
Experience:  Parenting Workshops, Teacher, PHD Clinical Psychology, 30 yrs. Exp. 4 Children
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are separated, by his choice, can he come

Resolved Question:

My husband and I are separated, by his choice, can he come by the house and remove our children? He has a history of depression and being bi-polar. I have written him to let him know that he needs to get back on his medicines and seek counseling before I would allow him to see our children, but does he have the right to remove them legally?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 7 years ago.

If you are legally separated and have a child visitation agreement in effect it has to be followed. If you are concerned about their safety then you would have to call the police. They are his children too and unless you can prove he is dangerous and not capable of being responsible you need to take action.

Please click ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK when you are satisfied.
Dr. Keane and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you