How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask danny541 Your Own Question
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 909
Experience:  Have 5 children !
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
danny541 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a brother that works with my father and i in our family

This answer was rated:

i have a brother that works with my father and i in our family business. he is emotionally abusive to both of us. we would like him to leave because he is ruining our family. he also lives with me too. my parents and i cater to him a lot,now he expects us to do everything for him...he is 43 years old and divorced. what is your advice?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Tell him to find another place to work, and to live!You could tell him to change or find other ways to earn his living and a place to live!

At any rate unless he is on papers as a part owner of the business or has a right to live with you, then I would tell him, that although you love him very much, none of you appreciate the emotional abuse he is giving you all, and if he can not change then he is no longer welcome to work with you or to live with you!

He is old enough to provide his own place and to work somewhere where he will be happier, since it doesn't seem to be with you!

Be firm!
danny541 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you