How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask danny541 Your Own Question
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Category: Parenting
Satisfied Customers: 909
Experience:  Have 5 children !
Type Your Parenting Question Here...
danny541 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get my ex husband to speak to my grown up children.

This answer was rated:

How can I get my ex husband to speak to my grown up children. He lives in America and ignores all contact with them. Is there an intermediary that could help?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

It is indeed a sad situation when a parent does not wish to have contact with their children. And there is almost nothing you can do.

If he has parents that care about their grandchildren, you could try pleading on their behalf and see if they can talk him into contacting them. But you say they are grown children, so they have a say in it too!

I would start with a letter to either the grandparents or directly to him, letting them know how important it is to talk to his children, and they want a relationship with him. But if he still doesn't contact him there is really nothing you can do,for reasons he only knows he doesn't wish to have a relationship with his children, and you can't force the situation!

Please let me know if I can be of any other help! If not , please remember to click the green accept button, and remember positive feedback is good for both of us!
danny541 and other Parenting Specialists are ready to help you