Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had 7 hour wrist surgery this past august. My blood count…

Customer Question
I had 7 hour...

I had 7 hour wrist surgery this past august. My white blood count was high bc of sinus infection & unbeknownst to me i had a candida overgrowth & the surgeon still did surgery. I dont know if i should go ER i think the infection is in my blood & bone(s). The wrist i had surgery on still hurts extremely bad i get electric shocks constantly. I cant touch it or hardly use it. It wont gain weight either. After surgery it was purple & dark red & felt like i was being electricuted constantly. Its extremely painful. I break out in rash constantly worse on my hurt wrist/arm.. I moved to another state i do not have a doctor yet i do not know if this is normal. Im more worried bc my white blood count was high & they still did a 7 hr surgery

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Nothing makes it better & since aug 28 when i had surgery

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
6/1/2018
Orthopedist: neurosurg, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
neurosurg
neurosurg, Board Certified Physician
Hello-Is your white count still high?
Have they done any testing like recent MRI ?
No i havent been back to doctor. Tjey gave me diflucan & an oral swish it started to clear up once i ran out it came back quick and a lot worse. I was readinh online about candida overgrowth & how it can turn into a parasite. I am almost positive mine just recently has. My veins buldge & move. The things that come out of the sores when i scratch look just like the parasite. I can feel like my veins move when i put peroxide on

Well, I would start by finding a new primary care doctor.

Bloodwork to look for any current issues with infection.

Imaging of the wrist to make sure there isn't an issue with the way it healed to look for reasons for the constant electric shocks.

And they can look to see if there is an issue with candida in the back of your throat, or other issues with fungal infection on the skin. The veins can move and bulge (depending on how much fluid you have in the body - so that is normal).

Is it something i should go to the ER for? I dont have a doctor here yet. Waiting on my insurance to kick in..

I don't believe this is an emergency unless you are having a fever and feeling generally ill.

If you were to go to the ER, they probably would do bloodwork to make sure nothing serious was going on, but leave all the further testing to your primary care doctor, when you get one.

I just uaed apple cidar vinegar to swish with and oh my god i have parasites they came out of my mouth ! I am freaking out

Well, save those and bring them with you (to urgent care, or the ER) so that they can see these parasites.

If you do indeed have something going on, they will be able to help you.

I am freaking its a lot my mouths swollen now and more white than usual they were coming out the inside of my lips i just kept spitting its so gross can it be treated at home or do i need go er. Sorry for all the questions. They tested me for candida overgrowth few montjs ago in texas and put me on diflucan i moved to ohio a month ago. This is so gross

If you are spitting up white stuff from a fungal infection -- getting checked out would be helpful. You don't necessarily have to go to an ER (a urgent care center would be fine) -- and they can prescribe something to help with it.

Im spitting up and wipping the inside my mouth & its the worms long dark yellowish like ..my tongue and inside my mouths all white

Go and get checked out -- there really isn't much we can do over the Internet.

Best of luck.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!