Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,38 years of experience
15267045

About two months ago I started developing a dull pain in my

About two months ago I started developing a dull pain in my left chest pain and I had been to emergency and was told no sign of heart attack. Also It's been confirmed by the cardio specialist. I feel like the chest pain is with the ribs. When I press the ribs I get mild pain sometimes. The back pain is also started almost in the same time. I have been to 20 times fot Chiropractic treatment and massage and they have not been able to help lot. The back is not consistent and worst.It's hard to sit more than an hour as I feel strain in the middle back. Not sure if there are any spinal tumor I am scared but CT scan doesn't say so.I'have attached the all the CT results for your reference and also pointed the back pain areas.Please suggest what should I do now?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please suggest me to whom should I consult if it is not orthopedic. Also taking lot of Ibuprufen it helps little as some doctor said could be costochondritis.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am 35 year old. Male, Ex-smoker. No family history of heart attack or cancer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Suggest If I need to go for MRI to understand the problem.

Hello,I am DR.Aren,I have over 37 years of clinical experience,I will help with your query.The commonest cause of chest pain is musculoskeletal strain,this is accompanied by stress and strain,sedentary life style with little exercise..I would suggest seeking the opinion of an experienced Orthopaedic Surgeon and a good physiotherapist who can help you with the problem.Lifestyle changes with regular exercise 5 times a week,a healthy diet NSAIDs and muscle relaxants like Soma will help.Your reports appear to be within normal limits,I am sure matters will improve gradually.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it normal to have constant back pain for months? Is this CT scan is enough rule out cancer ? I am worried if I've cancer because I have read the back pain are early symptoms of cancer.

Normally,cancer does not cause pain,none of the reports or the CT Scan are suggestive of cancer.You can discuss getting a MRI Scan with your orthopaedic surgeon.Your backache too is probably musculoskeletal in nature .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Dr. Vakul

Thank you for your rating.I wish you good health and a happy ,peaceful life,God Bless!