Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My knee is tight and seems swollen off and on. I dont

Customer Question
believe I injured it. Do...
My knee is tight and seems swollen off and on. I dont believe I injured it. Do I need an mri?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
4/3/2018
Orthopedist: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 3 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How long has this been going on and have you had a doctor evaluate it?

About 2 weeks. No I haven't gone to the doctor, I've been traveling.
But it's off and on. Seems to be more prominent on days that I run.

Sorry for the delay

It sounds like a bursitis problem and not a cartilage or ligament problem from what you've told me

An exam would determine that and if that's the case it wouldn't take an MRI to diagnosis it

In general it can be treated with a cortisone injection and physical therapy

Please let me know if you need any more information