Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Dr. Sawhney only I fell on 1-11-18. I fractured my patella…

Customer Question
Dr. Sawhney only I fell on...
Dr. Sawhney only
I fell on 1-11-18. I fractured my patella 11 weeks ago. when this happened i went home went to primary care dr next day he said knee cap fractured. Dr said because of severe swelling an excruciating pain he thought something else was wrong along with knee cap. patella was non displaced fracture. put in immobilization brace. my whole leg was swollen bad for 4 weeks. I could hardly move without excruciating pain. my leg hurt from top to bottom. I had an mri of knee at 2 weeks. showed no tears but strained IT band and strained vastus medialis muscle. at 2 1/2 weeks my foot and ankle started swelling and turning red. went to ER no blood clot. continued treatment for knee. told dr my hip hurt but he could not see past my knee. now last week dr said my knee is healed .. told him my hip still hurts he took xray .. said no crack he could see and that he would not need to see me back for knee. he wrote script for physical therapy. today was my second session .. after first i could barely walk and in severe pain. leg started swelling. behind knee .. inner side and whole ankle ..after second PT today ..more severe pain and more swelling .. whole leg swollen .. worst around knee .. back of knee (inner side) and ankle. my knee locks when i try to bend past 45 degrees. and at 40 degree bend i cannot put weight on hip .. to painful.. went to ER tonight .. they did more xrays and said nothing is broke but there is a spot on my hip in xray and i need to have a mri of hip. please help .. i don't know what is wrong . i have been in pain for 3 months now and nothing is helping. My knee is well they say but i am not well.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
sorry forgot to mention after mri my primary care Dr. sent me to ortho Dr.
3/31/2018
Orthopedist: Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon replied 3 months ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Please excuse the delay.
I had been offline and couldn't see you your question.
I am reviewing it and would respond shortly.
Please tell me your age and gender.