Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a soft corn on my right pinky toe which is rubbing…

Customer Question
I have a soft corn...
I have a soft corn on my right pinky toe which is rubbing against the 4th toe.. it has been managed with bandaids and toe caps and wider shoes.. I now work in a supermarket 3 days a week (this is the second year)
although i play tennis and am active - now this corn is getting more painful
I went to a foot doctor and he shaved it a little. I also have a corn or potential one on my outside pinky toe
it is so frustrating
the doc said i should get my 3rd bone on the pinky toe removed.
i am going to go for a second opinion
i got new shoes but they are too big and it was worse.the solutions I was trying are not working right now.. I need my own arch supports and notice the better they are the less pressure on the outside of the foot there is. my arch supports are new balance from 3 years ago so may need to be replaced.
i could go on but it is just so frustrating and i want the pain to stop.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
3/19/2018
Orthopedist: DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a picture of how the toes sit when standing?

not at the moment but the foot dr said that it is not straight and almost rotatingso it is rubbing against the 4th toe.
the corn feels like there is a hard thing in it but he said that is dead skin
it felt better when he put a corn cushion on it but it fell off and i can't find any like the one he had.
my feet roll in so i need very strong arch support to keep them aligned.
i am sure the shoes broke down so bad but he said unless i have surgery i will always have it..
even at its best it is like indented now and only a matter of time when the skin gets hard again
right now it is sort of open since he cut on it. not bleeding but irritated..
is there a good pain reliever.

Yes, I would just use ibuprofen

that is the best anti inflammatory that is readily available

I have a tendency to agree that surgical alignment is the best fix but I would need to see a pic to be sure

N

Yes, actually I agree this will need surgical removal/fix

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)