Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

After sitting when I get up to walk I have stiffness and…

After sitting when I get...
After sitting when I get up to walk I have stiffness and pain in my ankles knees and thighs. It goes away after I hobble for a short time. Why?
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/8/2018
drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Since when is this happening?

Are you overweight?

Do you have morning stiffness of these joints?

58 yr male 6 ft 4 210lbs couple years not in the morning

Your symptoms are suggestive of mild osteoarthritis which is age related changes in joints.

Physical therapy, acupuncture, mild massage, swimming will resolve the stiffness associated after sitting.

Your doctor may get the x-rays and MRI for the confirmation of the diagnosis.

Avoid prolonged standing or sitting in a same posture for long time in a single stretch.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor
Ok Thank You

You are most welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.