Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Orthopedics

I am wanting someone that knows alot about all natural

Customer Question
supplements i can take to...
i am wanting someone that knows alot about all natural supplements i can take to help with my bulging herniated disc in my neck and degenrative disease in my lower back..i wnat to be sure to be taking the right stuff to help with the arthritis and so forth..i already take calcium with d..i have issues with taking fish oil it upsets my tummy and i ahve tried them all...the only one i can tolarate is megared..i know there is not alot of omega in it..but thats all i can handle..but i was wondering what i need like for joint pain ..maybe collegan..
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Orthopedics
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i think i may have put it under the wrong catagory..maybe a orho doc or someone that knows about natural supplements
1/5/2018
Orthopedist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what is your height and weight?

have you gone through menopause?

are you willing to change your diet?

your diet is more important that supplements.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
im in menopause..already know about the weight thing and need to loose..and yes i have changed my diet alittle..i knwo certian foods have this in it..but i was also wanting to add supplements..and wanted to know if there is a good all natural maybe glucismine and chordontin and so forth.

changed your diet a little will only change your body shape a little.

what foods have what in it?

glucosamine and chondroitin has been studied for arthritis of the knees and the body

most studies have shown very little benefit with some people benefiting, and some people not having any noticeable benefit

DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD