Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have avascular necrosis in one knee- i was on cruthes for…

Customer Question
i have avascular necrosis in...
i have avascular necrosis in one knee- i was on cruthes for a month and now have no pain.
now my other knee is feeling the same way as my necrosis knee when it first started- stiffness swelling and some pain.
is it unusual to get this disease in both knees?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Orthopedist: drphophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago
drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

It is unusual to get the disease on both the sides.

Pain you are experiencing on the other side is likely due to bearing more weight on that side. It seems to be due to over work.

Once your start taking weight on both the sides, pain would go away.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

thats exactly what i though.
thank you,
gail

You are very welcome, Gail.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

As a subscription customer you are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.

Happy new year 2018.