Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My left knee is now fine 4 months after surgery. However, my…

Customer Question
My left knee is now...
My left knee is now fine 4 months after surgery.
However, my right knee started hurting a month ago.
Why is my right knee hurting?
1. Overcompensation?
2, The fact that my Physical Therapist (PT) dramatically toughened the exercises for both legs a month ago?
3. Do "overcompensation" pains usually disappear?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
12/28/2017
Orthopedist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, over compensation is always a factor in such cases. And over compensation pains can go away depending on the current status of the right knee. Having said that, once the contra lateral or non operated knee begins to show symptoms of arthritis, it should be evaluated since the arthritis could have reached a stage where now this knee might benefit from a surgery as well. Will the over compensation pain or symptoms resolve can only be ascertained on work up - x rays and a physical examination.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!