Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I’m a relatively healthy 26 year old male. I just got my…

Customer Question
I’m a relatively healthy 26...
I’m a relatively healthy 26 year old male. I just got my blood result back last week with squeaky clean results. For the last month I’ve been feeling this pain in my upper left back (shoulder blade area) late at night when I’m standing, leaning forward, or walking for a long period of time. I’m also feeling a numbing/tingling sensation in my upper left abdomen. My bowl movements and digestive symptoms are normal, so is my stool. Around this time last year I did fall down a small amount of stairs last year wearing about 30 pounds of gear. I landed on my upper back, and felt the pain for about a day or two. Since then nothing, until last month. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
12/28/2017
Orthopedist: DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

just click send to reply

please, last night I drank heavily and at the end of the night forced myself to throw up and I noticed I threw up some red blotches I assumed to be blood. Any suggestions?

I think you have an injury to the thoracic spine here

Probably a bulging disc that is creating this pain and also the abdomen pain

the pain from these discs wraps around in a pattern following the ribs

I think you need to see a chiropractor

that will help

is this helpful?

just click send to reply