Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Orthopedics

I have sharp and dull pain in my shoulder when I lift it…

Customer Question
I have sharp and dull...
I have sharp and dull pain in my shoulder when I lift it above my head or certain motions are made. I have had an MRI and the first DR said it was a concealed rotator cuff tear. The DR changed practices before the next appointment and the new doc sent me to physical therapy for months and said it was "impingement syndrome". PT did nothing and now the new doc says he wants to do surgery for impingement syndrome (shave a bone spur, possibly cut the bicep tendon or reattach it with a pin.) It feels like a tear to me (i've had my other shoulder repaired) and I've read some sketchy information on doctors pushing "impingement syndrome" repair that doesn't do anything. How do I find out the truth of what is wrong with my shoulder and what will fix it? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Orthopedics
12/28/2017
Orthopedist: DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 month ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do.

Do you have a copy of your MRI?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No but I could request one

I want to see what your MRI showed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I will try to get a copy and contact you again.

would you mind accepting additional services to keep it open?

I will discount it for you

Thanks for this questionI strive for 5 star service with all customersIf you have more questions, just reply. :)
DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD