Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have bone infracts in my knee- pain is bad- what is the…

Customer Question
I have bone infracts in...
I have bone infracts in my knee- pain is bad- what is the treatment?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
12/2/2017
Orthopedist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

how did your doctors find these bone infarcts?

did they see it on MRI scan

this can also be called osteonecrosis of the bone or death of the bone

hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy can help some patients with osteonecrosis death of the bone

you may also have a total knee replacement.

are you able to have knee surgery?

64
mri
yes I know it is bone death
never heard of hyperbaric oxygen therapy
yes I can have a knee replacement
what about core decompression?

hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy has you go into a pressurized chamber breathing pure oxygen to try to get more blood flow and oxygen into the area of dead bone.

it works in some patients

if that doesn't work, you may need surgery to cut out the bone which is dead and put in a new knee.

core decompression is usually done in the hip for necrosis in the femoral bone.

it may not be able to be done in the knee.

have you seen an orthopedic surgeon about this necrosis yet?

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0102-36162012000300020&script=sci_arttext&tlng=en

here is an article for you.

I have seen 1 who gave me a cortozone shot and said basically nothing about the bone infracts- I have an apt bone with a surgeon.

that is good you are to see a orthopedic surgeon

talk about options for the hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy

see if you need a total knee replacement surgery

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician