Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I walked very heavily into a solid plant pot with my shin!

Customer Question
Hi I walked very heavily...
Hi I walked very heavily into a solid plant pot with my shin! When it did this the pain was excruciating and I could not weight bare for about 30 minutes. I am now walking but it is still very painful! There is a small cut which looks deep (I had thick trousers on at the time). There is also a egg like lump. The picture does not really show the lump. Shall I just allow it to get better or get it checked? It happened about 2 hours ago.Many thanksLisa 38 yo
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
11/14/2017
Orthopedist: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello Lisa I'm Dr Chip

When was your last tetanus booster?

About 5 years ago.

Ok

Then you're covered

Most likely you don't have a minor fracture there but if this isn't a lot better by tomorrow you need to get an x-ray to check

For now on the wound I suggest topical Neosporin ointment twice a day for a week

Please let me know if you need any more information