Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Have a bone spur on the right side on top of my foot. what…

Customer Question
Have a bone spur...

Have a bone spur on the right side on top of my foot. what to do

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Pain on bottom of foot.hurts to walk on it.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain is better when i stay off of my foot

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

There nothing that im a ware of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
11/7/2017
Orthopedist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually the symptoms that you are describing are consistent with plantar fascitis. This is a condition in which there is inflammation of the soft tissue underneath the feet. Usually the symptoms include,
Pain on waking up in the morning as soon as you put your foot on the ground
Pain while walking.
Pain which may improve on staying off the feet and elevating themNow this can occur because of the hone spur even if it is on top of the foot but usually the underlying cause cannot be determined. The first thing to do here would be to get a clinical examination done which can be followed by a mri of the brain. Once diagnosed it can be treated with,
Application of otc capsaicin gel on the area
Use of otc anti inflammatory agents like ibuprofen at a dose of 600 mg thrice daily
Application of intermittent ice on the foot
Splints and orthotics which can be used through out the day to help with the oain
Physiotherapy
Steroid injections into the inflamed tissue
If none of the above work then you can go for ultrasound wave therapy which has shown to work in this situation.If none of the above work then you may need surgery, but I would suggest that you try the above measures and at the same time visit a podiatrist and also a orthopedic specialist if necessary.
Do you have anymore questions?
Please remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated for helping you today.

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.