Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I am scheduled for a total knee replacement October 17th but…

Customer Question
I am scheduled for...

I am scheduled for a total knee replacement October 17th but forgot to ask my doctor if I am a candidate for partial knee replacement or MAKOplasty. What would make me a candidate or not. It looks like only the medial side is bone on bone and I have spurs on the inside of my kneecap.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Being on my feet too long makes it hurt more. No swelling. Aleve helps. Steps are the worst part. Walking is not too bad. Standing too long hurts.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I have already been cleared for surgery, cardio, dental, etc. I am overweight which may make a difference. I am 75.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Orthopedics
9/26/2017
Orthopedist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

at your age, you most likely need a total knee replacement

a partial knee would keep your anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments preserved

most likely, at your age, you need to have these ligaments removed

let me know if you have questions.

OK. Thanks Dr. David
Orthopedist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician