Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Phil,,. How are you? I had the MRI and now I'm waiting to…

Hello Doctor Phil,It's me again...
Hello Doctor Phil,It's me again, Roy. How are you?
I had the MRI and now I'm waiting to hear what the ortho surgeon has to say about it, assuming they got a clear image of the rightplaces.
I've noticed a couple of bumps or knots that have risen up at the place on my arm below the elbow. It's where the doctors have pointed out as where the problem could be causing my 2 fingrs to not spread apart by themselves. Any idea what it could be? Could I send a picture of it to you?
9/20/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

I'll have my wife take one when she gets up this morning. Probably in about 3 hours today. Is that okay?

sure

just click send to reply

I've got a picture.It's not too clear to see the bumps on my arm. From the top looking down they look like lumps to me.
But,in the picture (and through the eyes of everyone else) they look more like creases or indentations. What do you think? Could this be what's causing my finger problem?

do you have gout?

Notthat I'm aware of. Remember though, I have pretty severe neuropathy frommy diabetes. So, I don't feel most pain until it's really bad. How else would I know if I have gout?

so those lines never go away?

Actually, the lines are pretty recent as far as I know. Mywife says I've had some markings before but they are definately larger and more pronounced.
* Where can I find out more about gout causes, symptoms, signs, prtevention, treatment, etc.?
* Do youthink I need to have another EMG?
I'm scheduled for this Thursday. I had one a few months ago.I don't like them!

mayo clinic website is good

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gout/basics/definition/con-20019400

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician