Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience:  More than a decade of post qualification experience
4931939

My mom is 75, about 85+ lbs and just suffered a tiny

Customer Question

Good morning, my mom is 75, about 85+ lbs and just suffered a tiny "fracture" or chip at the end of her fibula. The crutches are not good for her as she is not able to manuever with them. Should i buy a "walking boot" for her or a rollator with seat. She is presently in NY with me and lives in FLA so we are awating for her to heal abit before traveling back.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: She was seen in Urgent Care and had xrays that read has a "smallest fracture or chip" nothing serious. No meds except Advil. They have her in an airboot presently. She has to wait until she gets back to FLA to see her ortho.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She has osteoporsis so it may be a main reason they have siad not to weight bear. Also 3 yesrs ago had broken hip which was surgeried and set with screws.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your question.I am Dr.Sawhney an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today. I am reviewing your question and would respond shortly.
in my opinion she can use a walking boot for walking. She does not require a rollator. Feel free to ask any follow up questions. Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer, hopefully 5 stars. You can continue the conversation even after you have rated.