Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience:  More than a decade of post qualification experience
4931939

What muscles in the hip get engaged when i am flat in a

Customer Question

What muscles in the hip get engaged when i am flat in a seated position with feet touching the floor flat and i just move my upper body down like if I am bowing to someone but sitting down like described above. When i do this, I do not move my lower body at all, i dont move my hips, dont move my butt, just the upper body down
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 9 months ago.
HelloI Am Dr. Sawhney an orthopedic Surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.
The muscle involved in this activity is psoas muscle.Psoas connects the lower spine to the thigh bones and to bring the body towards thighs, psoas has to be activated.
Feel free to ask any follow question.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok, when i do this movement, i feel the sharp pain on that hip area really bad. what can be this?
Is it at the back of the hip or groin area.?