Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Orthopedics

Male 30. I am an active guy who plays handball. In March

Hello .Male 30 .I am...
Hello .Male 30 .I am an active guy who plays handball . In March this year I received acute backache . Since JWG already stood on fentanyl patch 100uq fir otherwise believed the doctor that an MRI was appropriate . Since I have implanted one nevrostimulator was where CT showed Dolgas :
degeneratice changes in three lower lumbar ledd.Moderat neuro foramina stenosis l3 / l4 and l4 / l5 .
My question is whether this can be arranged in any way? The problem is that the leg " falls asleep " bprt and hardly noticeable . Skjee often in activity .
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/27/2016
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

bprt and hardly noticeable . Skjee often in activity

Can you correct these typo?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Happenings under hard activity and the leg sometime feels like "gone".Pan in the back is also å problem. I feel like the pain Are getting worse with activity,but must that the leg going "away".
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To say it: i have chronic clusterheadack,thats the use og FENTANYL.

It seems to be due to the stenosis.

Since you have fentanyl, the pain should be okay.

Therapy

It's common for people who have spinal stenosis to become less active, in an effort to reduce pain. However, that can lead to muscle weakness, which can result in more pain. A physical therapist can teach you exercises that may help:

• Build up your strength and endurance
  • Maintain the flexibility and stability of your spine
  • Improve your balance

Steroid injections

Your nerve roots may become irritated and swollen at the spots where they are being pinched. Injecting a corticosteroid into the space around that constriction can help reduce the inflammation and relieve some of the pressure. However, steroid injections don't work for everyone. And repeated steroid injections can weaken nearby bones and connective tissue, so only a few injections a year are suggested.

Surgery

Surgery may be considered if more conservative treatments haven't helped or if you're disabled by your symptoms.

The goal is to relieve the pressure on your spinal cord or nerve roots by creating more space within the spinal canal. Examples include:

• Laminectomy. The procedure removes the back part (lamina) of the affected vertebra. In some cases, that vertebra may need to be linked to adjoining vertebrae with metal hardware and a bone graft (spinal fusion) to maintain the spine's strength.
  • Laminotomy. This procedure removes only a portion of the lamina, typically carving a hole just big enough to relieve the pressure in a particular spot.
  • Laminoplasty. This procedure is performed only on the vertebrae in the neck. It opens up the space within the spinal canal by creating a hinge on the lamina. Metal hardware bridges the gap in the opened section of the spine.

In most cases, these space-creating operations help reduce spinal stenosis symptoms. But some people's symptoms stay the same or get worse after surgery. Surgical risks include infection, a tear in the membrane that covers the spinal cord, a blood clot in a leg vein and neurological deterioration.

khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor