How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Orthopedics
Satisfied Customers: 4150
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
Type Your Orthopedics Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I"m 6 months out of IM nail surgery to fix a broken right

Customer Question

I"m 6 months out of IM nail surgery to fix a broken right tip/fib. I also have a broken sacrum and had the same injury on the left leg about 5 years ago. I have since had the hardware removed from the left leg because of pain. I am in constant this normal? or just a product of all the trauma my legs have experienced?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i will help with your query.While some dull ache /pain may remain in the injured area off and on,it should not be there constantly.It would be prudent to have a review done by your PCP and Surgeon/Orthopaedic Surgeon who can examine you and investigate you to pin[point the cause.Unless you are overusing the leg by long walks or running regularly,such pain should not be there.You may need to see your Orthopaedic Surgeon again if the pain is not settling down.Losing weight if overweight and exercising regularly may help reduce the pain .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been referred to a pain specialist after consulting my ortho surgeon. Is that the best course of action? I'm in the USA btw. Where are you located?
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.

I am currently practising in India.Yes that would be the right approach,since there is no orthopaedic problem,perhaps the pain specialist will be able to identify the cause of the pain and help rectify matters.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh India! We have many many qualified docs here in America from India. Thank you for your help! It's funny I'd trust an Indian doc over a American doc any day! Thank you!