Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Orthopedics

I have had terrible lateral left foot pain since October

Customer Question
'15. Had X-ray, MRI both...
I have had terrible lateral left foot pain since October '15. Had X-ray, MRI both normal, saw an orthopedic specialist and currently went to a podiatrist who has ordered an orthotic insole. Peroneal tendinitis was mentioned, but getting no relief. After researching, I'm wondering about cuboid syndrome? I see where manipulation may help or is it possible to self treat? Will the insoles help? I'm not a fan of chiropractors, but desperate for relief.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Orthopedics
3/6/2016
Orthopedist: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi there ...

Thank you for question ...

Respected customer , sorry to hear about your problem ...

Sometime pinched nerve pain can be felt in the area of feet , even just on one side or just one spot , if nothing has diagnosed yet and appropriate diagnosis is not established than I will request you to once have a MRI Lumbosacral spine to rule out the possibility of pinched nerve being reason of your foot pain .

All things tha you mentioned usually relieve pain temporarily , but for complete pain resolution exact diagnosis is must .

So please rule out pinched nerve possibility and proceed as I advised you .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Are you there ...

Orthopedist: Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon replied 1 year ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon

I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.

I would like to delineate the signs and symptoms of cuboidsyndrome for you.

Pain in cuboid syndrome is usually located on the plantar aspect of the cuboid bone which may radiate along the 4th metatarsal or front of ankle.

Major sign is pain and weakness on pushul off part of gait cycle.

Abovementioned signs and symptoms must be present to diagnose cuboid syndrome.

If you have these signs & symptoms you may need manipulative therapy to correct the condition.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for the reply. What is best Dr. to do the manipulation therapy?

You should see either a physical medicine rehabilitation specialist also known as Physiatrist or a chiropractor for manipulation therapy.

You can find a physiatrist at your location using the link below.

http://www.physiatry.org/search/custom.asp?id=561

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank You for the advice!

Thanks and best of luck.

Do remember to rate my answer positively as this is the only way we get assessed and paid for our expertise and time on this website.

Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon