Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have had pain in both my achilles months. I have had a

Customer Question

I have had pain in both my achilles for 18 months. I have had a calf tear too. I have had 8 plasma injections in each ankle, 2 times sports physio a week for 6 months, 4 MSM capsules a day for 6 months, 70000 ui Vit D for 6 months, magnetic treatment and ultrasound and i still find it hard to walk. I feel like i have been kicked in both achilles. My parents both have cancer, Mum Bone Cancer of the Hip and father prostate. I am 50 years old. I have had no scans and am worried maybe i have the onset of cancer in my ankles. Any ideas?
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

It is very unlikely that your symptoms are due to cancer in both of your ankles.

I believe you can put these fears of cancer behind you....

So. What should you do?

I suggest consulting with a different orthopedic surgeon who specializes in ankle problems.

At the same time, I agree with you: An MRI of your lower extremities would probably be a good idea.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS