Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have been in pain on my left foot since sometime in the…

Customer Question
I have been in pain...
I have been in pain on my left foot since sometime in the summer. It hurts the most first thing in the morning, when I wear good shoes and after sitting for awhile. I have been making sure that I stretch my foot out and move all my toe around because I read that a weak tendon could be a problem. This week I was sick and was off of it for most of the time the pain disappeared by Thursday morning. Then I was active again and now it is not as bad as it was but the pain is returning.The heal throbs and feels a little warm (not to the touch just when I am lying still.Looking back I think I slammed my foot on a rock. What can I do to heal this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Orthopedics
2/14/2016
Orthopedist: DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician

Thanks for this question.

I'm Dr. Phil and I'm happy to help

Do you have any other medical issues that might be playing a role?

I am over weight but nothing else

Thanks for this question

This is known as plantar fasciitis

It is a common injury that involves inflammation of the fibrous sheath on the bottom of the foot.

Do the following

1)get good orthotics for the shoes

2)take ibuprofen if you are allowed by your doctor

3)stretch regularly with wrapping a towel around your toes and pulling towards you

4)ice at night

If this doesn't work you need a steroid injection

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply.

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician