Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have cross over toe. Is it ever too late for surgery when…

Customer Question
I have cross over toe...
I have cross over toe. Is it ever too late for surgery when the second toe completely crosses over the big toe?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Orthopedics
1/17/2016
Orthopedist: Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon replied 2 years ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon

Hello

I'm an orthopedic surgeon and I will be happy to help you today.

Surgical correction can be done even if there is a complete crossover if second toe over great toe.

Is the surgery involving crossover toe more complicated once the second toe has completely crossed the big toe? What is the recovery time?

Technique remains the same though little more dissection may be needed when second to has crossed over completely.

Total recovery time is around 3 months.

Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon