How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, Doctor
Category: Orthopedics
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
Type Your Orthopedics Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I suspect a torn lat muscle on my left side for some years

Customer Question

I suspect a torn lat muscle on my left side for some years now. I was a big weight lifter and lat pull downs were one of my favorite exercises. Symptoms include-difficulty pulling or pushing away(cannot feel muscle working when doing rows or lat pull downs) Shoulder instability/tricep weakness, back muscle atrophy on left side, tightness in left upper back, posture issues. I'm wondering what type of orthopedic doctor do I see? Would this be a shoulder specialist?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

I think sport medicine specialist is a good choice of your symptoms.

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Sports medicine doctor.