How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Orthopedics
Satisfied Customers: 7658
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Orthopedics Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I used to work as a mehcanic and used to work all days on my

Customer Question

Hello I used to work as a mehcanic and used to work all days on my knees I'm only 21 years old and now I can't run beucase of pain on my knees like if I have a torn ligament now I can't run or do any exercise with running or bicycle and this has been over 3 years and I don't work on my knees anymore only office and still have a lot of pain when I try to exercise wanting to see if any steroid would help me cure my knees I don't have insurance and can't afford going to doctor
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for query,

Ideally you should see an orthopedic surgeon and might need surgery that is arthoscopy but other option is see a pain physician they can give you steroid injection into knee joint to help reduce inflammation and relieve pain for longer periods of time. Take vitamin D and calcium supplements and apply ibuprofen gel over the painful area it would help.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating.

Wish you good health.