Orthopedics

Orthopedics Questions? Ask an Orthopedist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Orthopedics

I have a rod in my leg from the knee down to ankle and 1

Customer Question
screw since 2006 this last...
I have a rod in my leg from the knee down to ankle and 1 screw since 2006 this last week it began to hurt and can barely walk on it, it sends a shocking pain in the same area of the break? What do you think is going on?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Orthopedics
11/8/2015
Orthopedist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Sometimes the rod may cause new irritation or infection even years after surgery which can present as pain in the patient. Hence it would be preferable that you consult your doctor regarding this, since this may require the removal of the rod if this is the cause.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with an excellent five star positive rating.

Thanks.

Orthopedist: Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon replied 2 years ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon

Hello

I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.

Do you have any fever?

Any swelling around the painful area or generally in the leg?

Did you injure it in anyway?

Is the pain present during rest as well or does it pain only when you bear weight on it?

Thanks

Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon